|Farm sale Busa Family History Colonial History Products Photo Album Maps Contact Home Early Farming Specials The Farmers wife Links|
This satellite image taken in the early 90's shows the farm as it is today and the changes that have taken place around it. The barn burned down in 1956 and was replaced by a new packing house and garage soon after. In 1960 Tony retired from farming and traded his larger greenhouse and some land to John. After the swap, two of his sons ,Alfred and Daniel built the house on Lowell street in the northeast corner of the farm. Lillian Road ,named after Tony's wife was developed by them in the 60's along with Anthony ,Sheila and Circle roads. Tony's nephew Joseph Romano farmed his land and back greenhouses until 1999.In 1964 the front packing houses were torn down and the farm stand was built. In the mid 80's Al and Daniel purchased the remnants of the Reed property and combined it with theirs to develop Farm road. John's wife, Rosina purchased Frank and Rose's property from their surviving children and combined it into Busa Farm accounting for its present acreage.